CLR Virtual Call Stub Issue Resolved

Posted by Hugh Ang at 5/15/2009 01:51:00 PM

Good news - I have just received words from the Microsoft CLR team that the issue I detailed in this blog has been fixed in an upcoming QFE, which will be available for download through the Support/KB site using KB971030 in about a week. This also means that the fix will be automatically included in any future 3.5 service pack release. In addition, this has been fixed in the upcoming 4.0 release. I will try the fix in a week and keep everyone posted.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear it! Thanks for posting on it.

Hugh Ang said...

In case you are wondering why you still couldn't find the QFE, I was just informed by my contact at Microsoft that it has been delayed. I will post a note as soon as it comes out.

Chris Dion said...

Is this perhaps the fix we've been waiting for? It looks like they've just released it for Vista and Windows Server 2008 though.

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=21630

Hugh Ang said...

Hi Chris,

Thanks for pointing this out. It is the fix and I just confirmed by running the same test harness. I did the test on my Vista machine, but according to this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971030, the fix can be applied to Windows Server 2000, Windows Server 2003 and XP as well.

Hope this helps
Hugh